Privacy statement for Cubiks Websites
Cubiks is firmly committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and visitors to our website, to the responsible use of the information we collect, and to maintaining compliance with privacy legislation worldwide.
Cubiks Limited is the data controller of your personal information for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation.
What information do we gather?
Cubiks will not collect any personal information about visitors to any Cubiks website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided. Examples of such information are Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (see below), names, company names, telephone numbers, email address and any other relevant contact details which can be used to identify you. Once consent has been provided, we may also collect information about the use of our products and services, any preferences that we are told about, or other information that is submitted voluntarily to us.
Where you have provided Cubiks with your contact details (for example, by making an enquiry on the Cubiks website), we will keep a record of your Internet Protocol (IP) address as part of our opt-in & opt-out management processes.
Information may also be indirectly collected through the Cubiks Internet access logs or cookies. This occurs automatically when you access www.cubiks.com or any other Cubiks website. This information is used to enhance your visit to our website.
Why does Cubiks collect this information and how do we use it?
The personal information referred to above is used for the following purposes:
- so that we can communicate with you in the manner requested by you in accordance with this Privacy Statement;
- to provide clients/visitors with information about a specific requested product or service.
- to send you relevant updates of topics that may be of interest to you;
- to register you for specific trainings or events; and
- for compliance with applicable laws and protection of Cubik's legitimate business interests and legal rights.
Whenever you supply us with personal information on this or any other Cubiks website, we will always clearly state the purpose for which the information is being provided.
The leal basis for our processing of your data is that itis necessary for our legitimate interests in improving our website, our goods and services, and our interactions with you.
Where we also need to process your personal information in order to meet our legal obligations, or to enter into or perform a contract with you, those will be alternative lawful bases upon which we process your personal information.
If, at any time, you
- no longer wish to receive communications from us,
- you wish to withdraw your consent to our holding your personal information, or
- you wish to change, update or remove all or any of your personal information,
please contact us using the details below.
Disclosure of personal information
Cubiks will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from clients or visitors to our websites.
- our staff (including employees and external consultants), professional advisors and agents;
- other companies in the Cubiks group of companies worldwide;
- third party service providers which process your personal information on behalf of Cubiks and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep your personal information confidential and appropriately secure;
- purchasers, or potential purchasers, of all or part of our business (and their professional advisors)
Additionally Cubiks may be required to disclose your personal information to government authorities, regulatory agencies and law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the course of processing your personal information, or disclosing it to the recipients above, Cubiks may transfer your personal information to countries which are outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Cubiks will only transfer your personal information to non-EEA countries (or organisations within those countries)
- which are approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection to your personal information or
- where Cubiks has in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws by means of transfer agreements incorporating EU model clauses. A copy is available on request.
Keeping your personal information secure
Cubiks has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control. These include:
- Secure computer storage facilities
- Encryption of your information whilst it travels between your computer and our servers. Cubiks uses Secure Socket Layer encryption.
- Encrypted computers and laptops
- Firewalls. Cubiks has its own firewalls to provide security. These are designed to prevent others from accessing confidential data or accessing Cubiks' internal networks that store client / visitor data
- The conducting of quarterly third party security audits.
Retention of your personal information
Once you have provided your personal information to us, Cubiks will keep your personal information safe until it is no longer needed or you instruct us to do something different with it.
You are entitled to ask Cubiks for a copy of your personal information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or to ask us to transfer some of this information to other organisations. You may also have rights to object to our processing of your personal information and, where we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, to withdraw this consent. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement or compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal information.
We hope that we can satisfy any queries you may have about the way we process your personal information. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to a data protection regulatory authority. The relevant data protection authority for your complaint will be the supervisory authority in the country in which you are resident.
Scope of the policy
Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to actions, processes or policies of Cubiks that are directly related to employee records of current or former employees.
Changes to the policy
Cubiks will update this Privacy Statement as required. If changes to our policy do occur, they will be posted on Cubiks' website so that those affected are always aware of the type of information collected, how the information may be used, and under what circumstances and to whom it may be disclosed by Cubiks.